Monday, May 09, 2011

Insanity, Day 3



Day three completed. I thought quite a while before doing this workout... I was very sore yesterday. Thanks to a massage (not as deep tissue as usual) and a whole lot of water.... plus a nap... I got it together to go.


Day 3 was Cardio Power and Resistance. The warm up is similar to the first (but instead of jumping jacks, it's power jacks... and a few other differences). I wasn't as hardcore on the warm up.... still trying to work out the kinks. By the time the workout came around, I was ready.


Ok... Ouch. Lemme tell ya... pain pain pain.... HARD WORK... I love how it mixes in upper and lower stuff though. Definitely still weakest in the upper body, but by going to my knees, I was able to hang tough with the push ups (well... I didn't turn it off :) ). I made it. WHEW.


Lots of water last evening. Loaded up with ibuprofen and benadryl before bed.... not to mention a bunch of Biofreeze. Slept pretty well. Yes... I am sore today. I imagine it'll get worse. Pounding the water today and looking forward to tonight's workout... "Cardio Recovery".... I have a feeling it's not "really" recovery..... but will be easier than the others. I love that the workouts are 45 min or less. And every time I start dragging, Shaun T says to dig deeper.... I love that.

1 comment:

Martha said...

Great work, Shel!!!
I am so proud of you, keep it up!