Thursday, March 08, 2007

MFS Blog challenge: Scrapbooking

Yes, I'm one of them.

A crazy psycho mom scrapper take my picture no wait I haven't got the camera out yet look over here I have a great idea for a page woman.

Never woulda thunk it.... but that's me.

And I LOVE IT... every second of it!

But it's my mom's fault.... she did it.... no, she wasn't a scrapper, BUT she did make me want to scrap. See, she kept baby books for both of us... and we just LOVED looking at them. From our first photos (thanks for the sticky curl Ma) to the funky early 70's clothes and do's and my dad's big huge sideburns.... to the birthday card duck with a quacker (who knows where that sucker went after being abused for so many years).... to the "favorite foods" page or the immunizations. I still love looking through that book.

And I want my kids to also.

I never wanted to stop there either....I want to chronicle our lives as a family so that our story isn't lost when I pass on..... I don't want my grandkids asking my kids after I'm gone about funny stories that I used to tell about their childhood.... I want to share them now and then, when time has passed, remember.

Another quote I love is about memories being moments... not events or things. I SO believe that and my scrapping and pictures reflect that.... life is full of moments... if you don't take the time to appreciate those, they are gone.

So yes.... I am.

That crazy scrapper mom oh no do we have to go to Hobby Lobby again what do you mean you are out of adhesive again where do you want me to stand how do you cut your hand with scissors get that glue stick out of your hair person.

That's me. I don't plan on changing. But if I do, my moments are recorded for now and ever.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Hmmm...I guess I'm one of "those people" too! lol

Lucy Chesna said...

guilty here...lol

thanks for taking the challenge