Thursday, March 08, 2007

Love.... Scrappin' Mojo Blog challenge

A quick entry......

but I want to get it done while these thoughts are lingering....

The topic is love.

One of my favorite quotes is about when you have kids that you forever wear your heart outside your body.... that's SO TRUE. I had no idea until Nathan was born. And as we are in his birth month and he's going to be four, I remember, just like it was yesterday... looking at him, laying in his crib, or even in the bassinet at the hospital... and just being filled with such a sense of overwhelming joy and love that I cried tears of happiness. Gee, even as I'm typing, I'm getting misty. And the same thing happened with Emily... but of course, by the time she came to us, I knew what to expect.... didn't make that feeling any less, I just knew that overwhelming feeling was coming.

And now, almost 2 1/2 and 4 years later, I can still look in on them while they are sleeping and just feel that joy and INTENSE LOVE each time. There is nothing like it.

3 comments:

KBSL said...

oh I remember that feeling. The feeling of complete joy and peace. I swear the building could fall down around you, and you'd have no idea. :)
Great blog.

Shelley said...

You need to scrap those thoughts!

Anonymous said...

I just started checking out blogs and I love yours!! So peaceful and you sound so happy with your SAHM mom status now!! I hope you get lots of scrappy time this week and hope DH's job goes good!!