Thursday, June 01, 2006

Can't believe it's JUNE!!!

And there's so much going on!!!

Here's my VERY FIRST blog challenge for FH2S: The topic is memories of school getting out and summers:

Well, I don't remember a whole bunch about school getting out or summer or anything like that. I was a big fan of school and just loved going most of the time, so I never really was real anxious for school to end (now my mom may tell ya different). But, I do remember being excited because it was a change and we could do things at home. It seemed like that most summers I remember, we spent traveling with my sister's softball teams for tournaments. Later, I didn't go with them and the family, but had a job. I remember the summer after I turned 16. I SO wanted to work. Mom and dad weren't keen on it but decided it was OK. I got a summer job helping at a Montessori preschool as a classroom aide. I don't remember much about the details, but it doesn't seem like I worked there very long. But, that summer, I also started working as a food server at Pizza Hut... then I trained as a cook. That became a LONG standing thing and worked there off and on until I graduated from college.... at several different stores. More about that later. ANYWAYS... back to the summer thing. I do remember going to band camp one year at Drake University and to church camp a couple of summers when I was younger, but nothing really exciting besides that. I know that I was always ready for school to start back and in HS, I would actually be there 2-3 weeks early for marching band practice/camp.



OK... since I'm here.... other things going on:
1. Dave's coming tomorrow!! I just found out yesterday that I have a "leadership training" meeting from 8-1230 tomorrow... UGH! That means that I may not get out early if my ducks aren't in a row!! I THINK it'll be OK, but who knows? We're just excited to see daddy!
2. New challenges at HYWWP: I'm going to post once a week on Thursday and others at other times. YEAH! This week's challenge is NO FLOWERS!!!! This WILL be a challenge for me, but I will get it done!!
3. My new position at FH2S starts officially today!!! YEAH!!! I'm very very excited and Pam and Wendi and Kim are SO VERY organized and I really feel like I know what's going on. I'm going to be posting a daily quote and moderating one more forum plus doing one challenge a week (I'll wait until it's posted for everyone and then spill the beans!!) FUN huh????

Enough blabbering.... more later

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for band camp!