Monday, June 05, 2006

Weekend review and blog challenge

What a wonderful weekend! I really can't wait until Dave is home... it's so much easier with him around.... even if the kids are used to running to me! He's trying so hard though to get them to rely on him for a little while anyways. And I had a little peace too. I got my hair cut (FINALLY!) and created 4 layouts with very little help.... I even layed down a couple of times (those both got interrupted, but you know...). And this morning, I have EXTRA time :) :) :) He's going to watch them today and I don't have to get them up and ready! I'm feeling very relaxed. Beyond that, we didn't do much.... but it feels great!


OK... my FH2S blog challenge: What does scrapping mean to me?

Right now, I scrap for my kids and the future, but it really means that I have something besides my jobs in my life. I spend most of my time worrying about the kids (job #1), the DH (job #2), and work (job #3). Whether it's getting things done around the house, paying bills, actually working in any way, shape, or form.... it's wearing sometimes. Scrapping is my sanctuary. It's where I go for ME..... and I admit, I spend a lot of time with it in many shapes, but really, I don't do much else. And, now that there's only one TV in the house, I've weaned myself considerably. I love the inspiration, I love finding new ways to display my beautiful family, and I love getting things on paper for the future..... I'd hate for my kids or grandkids to pick up a picture (or in this day, a CD) and ask "who's that" and "what were they doing"..... but I'm not driven by that. I'm driven by wanting to have time for me :)
Here's two LO's I did over the weekend. The first one is a two pager... I'll just put the one page here though :) These were both for HYWWP challenges using KI Memories products... thanks to them for sponsoring us!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Time for you is important!!

Great LOs!