Thursday, February 23, 2006

Whew... Job interview is over!!

Big exhalation!!!


So I was interviewing for a management position (ER, Step Down, ICU) at Columbia Regional. I've DONE phone interviews, but I've never been the interviewee! AND, I've also interviewed with many people before, but never on the phone. There were four, possibly five in the room. Great questions, standard type of interview.

What is cool:
They only have about a 2% staff vacancy rate (OUTSTANDING)
Low turnover
LONG retention
Three units to manage, but small units:
ER sees about 700/month (we see that in 10 days here)
ICU with 9 beds and average 4 or so (of course there is flux)
Step down with 10 beds.
Total of about 60 FTE's.... I had 54 on tele and 60+ in ER PLUS part of ICU to help with in my last management job (OK, so the ER one was only for 6 months, but still!!!)
They seem pretty friendly.

I'm not getting all my eggs in the basket or anything, but I'd sure like to have something set up. I'm just ready to move on!! LOL..... and get the garden planned ROFL!!!

We'll see... they said early next week for a decision. Hopefully they haven't really decided yet and were just interviewing me for fun. But then again, it's done, and it was good experience. I need to work on two questions: what I didn't like about my last management job (I guess I can't say that my previous boss got crazy....) and what's my 5 year plan (what is it anyway??)

2 comments:

kramer_buffy said...

OMG... how exciting, sending you good vibes...

Lora3677 said...

YAY!! I like Columbia Regional. Good hospital. In fact I have a friend that works there. Sending good vibes so that I have TWO friends that work there.