Saturday, May 27, 2006

Yet another long overdue post....

Ok.... I know... I'm a TERRIBLE BLOGGER.... anyways, I'm here now.

There is SO MUCH going on, but my most exciting thing is that I was asked to be on the premier DT for www.fromhere2scrapternity.com !!!!! I accepted, of course, and am THRILLED!!! There's a lot of funny things that have occured for me to end up on this DT, so much so, that I just feel like it's meant to be. Here's a quick list:
1. The board owner, Pam, is a very sweet lady I "met" over a year ago on another board. We've been on a few boards together. When I found out she was starting her own community, I almost didn't visit... I just didn't want to get addicted to yet another board :) But, I went over, took a look around and really found myself in love with the way the board is being run, the girls posting, and just the feeling in general.
2. Then the DT call came up. This isn't something I jumped on right away... well, that's not quite true. I read, re-read, and read again the requirements for the call, as well as the expectations for the DT to see if I could meet them. Then I made the two LO's that were required to be new. And I must have done nothing with them for at least a week. Finally, I decided to submit them. With 43-44 other entries, I figured I didn't have much chance, but Pam made it clear that she was looking for all levels and types of scrappers.... so I waited.
3. Friday was the day that the calls were going out. Friday was a very very very very busy, hectic and incredibly trying day for me. Now, remember, I've been off orientation (I think I'm off orientation) for, oh, about a week...... and on Friday I had not one or two, but THREE COMPLEX (and one of those, complex doesn't really begin to cut it...) discharges. Thank goodness for our social worker, Carol, who helped me out at every juncture. ANYWAYS... I finally get home with the kids around 6 (like an hour late!) and the phone rings. I don't recognize the caller ID... and the female says "It's Pam"..... at this point, I should have been jumping up and down and my heart beating out of my chest... but NO.... my stupid self didn't even realize who it was!!!! DUH!!!! I feel so so so bad that my response was "Pam who??"...... OH MY WHAT A DOOFUS!!! So we talk for a bit and I get off the phone....I'm just thinking that she must have thought that I didn't care a stitch about the call..... completely untrue, but my mind was certainly elsewhere.

So, that's the long version of the story... I'm SO EXCITED to join the team!!!! I can't wait to see everything in store... I LOVE challenges and I KNOW that this board will be building around them.... it's just calling for me!!

Yet again, as I finish this post, I vow to blog more often.......

No comments: