Thursday, October 21, 2010

Over a year away...

Lots has changed. Big stuff too.

Nathan is getting to be a "tween".... oh my... he's only 7 1/2 and already asking for a phone. I don't think so. He can navigate youtube better than I can. Geesh. And he's played soccer.... oh my.

Emily is now 6 going on 12. She is SO into cheerleading. She goes right now two hours, twice a week plus performances sometimes on the weekend and she wants to do more! Holy moly.

Dad had a heart attack (pretty bad one) in January. He got to Boone and got a few stents and seems good as new. Complaining about the meds, but still seems OK. That worried me a bunch. I'm glad the outcome was good.

My grandpa passed away on September 25th... Martha's birthday. Although it's sad that he passed, he wasn't "grandpa" for a few years. And God took him swiftly and comfortably. I was worried about the timing with Martha's bday, but I really think that it was meant to be.... she was the one that connected most with grandpa.... it seems appropriate.

Got to see most of the family... that was nice. I didn't get to go to the two cousins' weddings this summer, so it was great to see everyone.

Bad news though.... Aunt Mel was just diagnosed with a brain tumor... yesterday. Been praying.

New job started three weeks ago. No longer a manager. Yeah. No one has cried, no one has called me after 8 pm, and no one has complained about their schedule in the last three weeks. I'm in heaven!! This job is more challenging than I thought and I love it so far.

School... yep... school again. Started my PhD last fall. Entering into the second year of study now. Getting close to start working on dissertation.

And... in one of those "be careful what you wish for" I also applied to teach online at UOP when I applied to PhD program... well... now I've been teaching since January. I'm teaching Positive Psychology and Fundamentals of Psychology. I like the latter.... and it's really because the students actually seem like they care, not that they are checking a box.

Some days... I don't know how I get it all done.

Some days... I just want a break for a few minutes to get some energy.

But... today is just today.

No comments: