Friday, February 24, 2006

STUPID Car Dealership Service

Ok... my day has been nothing exciting... except wanting to jump through the phone lines to kill the service coordinator at the Nissan dealership. He/they must think I'm an idiot. My rear door (on my big stupid heavy Armada) won't work... the button, the handle, nothing. Same problem in November that they couldn't fix... just reset the system and it worked... for about 8 days. So, I was too ticked to take it back right away then I just kept procrastinating... finally took it back.
Anyways... the guy calls says it's done... said they reset the system and it's fine. So I ask, what do I do when it happens again in a week. He tells me he'd SHOW ME HOW TO RESET IT!!! So I say, what do I do if I want to sell the car?? I can't possibly tell the prospective buyer... "well, if it won't work, let me show you how to reset it" DUH!!! Would the idiots do the same if they were reselling it???? I think not.

GRRR. End of rage. for now...

BTW: I don't want to go to work. (what's new??)

1 comment:

Lora3677 said...

ROFL!! I hear ya sistah! I'm wondering how long the lubing of my struts will keep them from squeaking.... ugh!